Find an introduction to the history, principles, and terms, as well as information on what is happening at the federal level.Learn More
Environmental Justice State by State
A law library for community advocates, attorneys, scholars, and policymakers.
Find EJ Laws and Policies
Search a database of laws, policies, mapping tools, and definitions across the fifty states and territories.
Examine EJ State by State
Read about how each state or territory is addressing environmental justice .
Understand Current Issues
Learn about cross-cutting and emerging issues in environmental justice law and policy.
Grassroots advocates and policymakers around the country are engaged in groundbreaking work to address the legacy injustices of environmental racism.
Environmental Justice State by State aims to amplify these efforts and support the advancement of environmental justice law and policy by providing access to information and highlighting emerging issues and strategies.
Environmental Justice State by State is a law library of environmental justice laws, policies, mapping tools, and definitions across the fifty states and territories designed for community advocates, attorneys, scholars, and policymakers to use in the adoption and advancement of environmental justice law and policy.Learn More
- American University
- Environmental Justice Clinic at Vermont Law & Graduate School
- Lone Star Legal Aid
- Taproot Earth
- Tishman Environment and Design Center at The New School
- UC College of the Law, San Francisco
- University of Texas School of Law, Austin Environmental Clinic
- The National Agricultural Library, Agricultural Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- GRACE Communications Foundation
- Cancer Free Economy Network